• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radiator Replacement

Bdiddy11

NAXJA Forum User
Where can I find the best bang for my buck for a replacement radiator on an 87' chief, automatic?

Something under $200 would be great. I've got a crack in my current one and need to get a new on A.S.A.P. since the weather is getting warmer and my Jeep is wanting to run hotter now.

What are some name brands that I should be looking at?

My Jeep is mostly used for around town driving, camping, mild off-roading, nothing too serious.

Thanks!

I got a Modine from Napa, which I can't find on their site, but it wasn't 200 bucks. I got one for a '93 so I could get rid of the pressure bottle.

CSF's are all metal. I got my 3 core from Dirk at www.dpgoffroad.com and couldn't be happeir.

X2 for getting a CSF from Dirk at DPG. I just bought one and installed it. Fixed my problem and Dirk is a Great guy. Not to mention one of our sponsers so I advocate getting one from him.

when i got my 3 row from radiator barn i had a hard time getting my mech fan shroud to slide between the rad and mech fan. and that was with the fan shroud half chewed up before i got the jeep. to make it easier place the shroud arround the fan prior to installing the rad. then when everything is put back together pull the shroud forward and reinstall.

hth

Mines a heavy duty rad, but its just one big row. Idk, it was 100 with
my discount, listed for 190. One big row, metal end tanks, seems fine.
Is there a diference between one big row and 3 rows?

Just put a three row in my 87. No issues.

You should be fine.

Nick

Mines a heavy duty rad, but its just one big row. Idk, it was 100 with
my discount, listed for 190. One big row, metal end tanks, seems fine.
Is there a diference between one big row and 3 rows?

None, other than the 3 rows tend to clog quicker with their smaller passages. :D

Back