• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

update on exhaust

SINCITY192

NAXJA Forum User
I have new exhaust system i recently did a post on it about liquid coming the rail pipe and i fix the coolant leak like they told be to be sure it wasnt coolant and it wasnt actually im seeing less and less water close to none or a spot or two.

anyway i got the system put in by a muffler shop because i couldnt get it off myself. i have this bad shaking in my system now and the reason i say system is because i cant figure out exactly where its at.

#1 it only rattles like this when the vehicle is in drive, and im stoped at a light or when im coasting without pressing the gas (after coming to a complete stop) a this sound is very consistant once i pull off and come to my first stop light i here it, unbelievably imbarrassing sitting at a light puzzled on why ya heap sounds that why.

#2 I watch the shop my self put in hangers pipe hanger with hooks at the end welded onto the new (exhaust where all the old ones were)

My only guess on what this could be is the cat support the is right next to the tranny mount, the cut it off with the rest off the system still on the cats pipe i suppose but there was a rubber piece that went to it that was still held on by little bolt they welded that rubber piece to the studs with mising bolts and then they put another pipe through the rubber piece and welded the hook end to the cats pipe.

the only spot where i can see that the system contacts any metal or part of the body is where the crossmember is a piece of the pipe touches the back of the crossmember

is this where the noise is coming from?

in, drive i have went under the vehicle with my wifes assistance i was able to inspect te exhaust visually and that was the only spot i cant see it touches any metal but the wierd thing is i seen the shaking shake the whole exhaust i would almost say violently. Please someone help me

thanks in advance guys

i have stock exhaust and mine has one heck of a shake - mainly in drive when stopped it has shaken my hangers loose and the heat plates on the cat.. any ideas?

My guess would be the pipe is rubbing on the transmission cross member. You should take it back and have it fixed.

Back