• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Keys need to be made...

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
Ok, so I got a new heep last week and it did nto have any keys. I had a smith come out and moke some once and it was kinda pricey. Can I use get keys made from any of the codes on the xj? It is a 94 by the way.

i dont know if it will come up on it, but as ur stealership to bring up the build sheet. not sure if its on it though.

what happens is on the "earlier"(early 90's and down) models, when you try to bring it up it's like the system "forgot" the code. that's how i perceive it anyway.

and make sure you take proof of ownership with you to the dealer ,
they are not to be giving out that info without it .

otherwise anyone could get a vin # , and well , bye xj !!!!

TY Ten High, I'll give that code a try tomorrow when my town wakes back up.

TY Ten High, got the key cut today and works great. The key fits the door and ignition great. Did they use a different key for the hatch like they did on the 84's? I forgot to try it back there.

Ghost said:
TY Ten High, got the key cut today and works great. The key fits the door and ignition great. Did they use a different key for the hatch like they did on the 84's? I forgot to try it back there.

its a 94? it should have a double sided key. it fits all doors, hatch and ignition. the older styles (pre-HO) had two single sided keys one with a round head for the doors and a square head for ignition.

hth

-Tim

Yea it's a 94. My 84 has 2 keys also.

Ten High said:
yep, without id and registration they won't do it.

Not always true...:)
When my grandparents went on vacation we decided to do a little surprise work to their '95 Accord and since it was a surprise we needed a way to get keys for it without them knowing... long story short, got the vin, brought it to a dealer, told them what we were doing and had a key cut with no registration whatsoever :D

/hi-jack.

Last edited:
Back