• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NWC Weigh In

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I finally got my junk to the scales.
IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

This is fully loaded with tools, spare parts, recovery gear, and a full tank. I was expecting it to be around 4500, so I'm pretty surprised by the weight. I would still like to shed some weight though, 3500 sounds like a good number.

Last edited:
last time i weighed in was bout 1 - 1.5 years ago. it was 4550 with my dog, a half tank of gas and no gear.

i wanna do it again now and see if anythings changed ? i've added and removed a few parts since then. i try to stick to the put something on, take (or cut) something off rule since its such a pig. we'll see how ive done, lol.

for what its worth. . . if any gresham guys are looking to weigh in, the rock / gravel place on 191st + division has a scale.

wow 3900 is pretty light. I am at about 4400 with me and gear only. Sad thing is thats about the lightest I ever get, haha.

Mine is about 4500 loaded for bear. Weighed it on the drive down to Moab when it was jam-packed with trail and camping gear. I guess it would shed about 100 lbs less the camping gear. That doesn't include the 225 I bring to the scale.

I want to weigh my rig now!
I think I remember seeing an open station on the way to walker last time, looks like I'll be going there sometime soon.

~Scott

I want to weigh my rig now!
I think I remember seeing an open station on the way to walker last time, looks like I'll be going there sometime soon.

~Scott

Go to a closed one so truckers don't get pissy when you delay their scale time, they have places to be. There is one on HWY2 that you can use, its along the west side lane, so hit it up on your way home from Reiter or something. Even if the way station is labelled as "Closed", most of them leave the scale on. All you have to do is park the Jeep on the scale and peer through the window or wherever the read out is.

The one time I weighed mine it was 3780 lbs. That was with 33x12.5 KM2s on steelies, sliders, full tank and loaded with camping stuff. Im sure it is much higher now that I have a front bumper, winch, and that damn cage thing. :D

-Lyle

Go to a closed one so truckers don't get pissy when you delay their scale time, they have places to be. There is one on HWY2 that you can use, its along the west side lane, so hit it up on your way home from Reiter or something. Even if the way station is labelled as "Closed", most of them leave the scale on. All you have to do is park the Jeep on the scale and peer through the window or wherever the read out is.

The one time I weighed mine it was 3780 lbs. That was with 33x12.5 KM2s on steelies, sliders, full tank and loaded with camping stuff. Im sure it is much higher now that I have a front bumper, winch, and that damn cage thing. :D

-Lyle

You will be close to my 4900 mark probably, I would guess around 4500.

-Alex

I finally got my junk to the scales.

IMG_0025.jpg

Wow Dustin, that's really light. I was having this conversation coincidentally with my brother in law last night.

To compare to your #'s, his 91 Laredo with power everything and an auto weighs in at the same 3900lbs.

He has 31" tires, 2" spacers, no gear. So nearly factory...you've got one light XJ!

Back