• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dash light fuse rating?

RustyBlackXJ

NAXJA Forum User
The dash lights on my 88 recently stopped working. I was poking around in the fuse box under the dash, and the fuse for the instrument panel is blown. I noticed that it is a 5 amp fuse. That seemed like a low rating to me. My thought is that the fuse may have barely been sufficient for the circuit, and finally heated up to the point where it opened. I want to see if that is the correct fuse before I go and throw a higher rated one in there. Of course if it's a short, a 15 or 20A fuse will blow too, but if there is something intermittently shorting or something drawing a little too much, I want to track down the problem rather than just slapping in a higher rated fuse.

My 1990 FSM calls for a 10A fuse for the instrument lamps.

I just remembered that I have the 88 FSM. I took a look and it is indeed supposed to be a 5A fuse. I guess I'll be getting out the multimeter now. :(. Thanks guys.

Back