• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A Nice Trip Down the Canal

reson46

NAXJA Forum User
All they needed was a snorkel. :gee:

These idiots weren't even charged with anything. :dunno:

Willy

The fact that they didn't report this themselves makes me wonder what they were up to and that they may have known they were doing something wrong. If there story is legitimate and they were wheeling in a legal area, than they probably have suffered enough. If they were drunk and wheeling illegally they shouldn't get off so easily.

Willy

There is a lot of what if's

If i screw up and my rig ends up in a canal like that, Honestly, the last thing im going to do is call the police.. why would you? Call a tow company.. what are the police going to do, pro-long the recovery?? Tape off the area under water to warn the fishes????

hahaha..

I didn't say they should have called the police. They didn't call anybody, even a tow company.

Willy

The proper authorities could have gotten the canal water supply stopped so that recovery is simplfied. Also the presence of the drivetrain oils in the water source is a concern ( I believe those are irrigation canals in the Bend area). The incident should have been reported.

Reported or not thats funny. For some reason I don't think it was by mistake its kinda hard not to notice that large of a body of watter, I think they were trying to go through and realised it was a little deaper then they thought it was lol.

I am willing to bet they were a little intoxicated, messing around on some gravel, wound up in the canal and realized that they could go home and come back the next morning sober to figure out what the next step would be.

More morons ruining perfectly good vehicles...

More morons ruining perfectly good vehicles...

it was entertaining last summer when some idiot in a cherokee sank it in the clackamas river, it was white with blavk racing stripes, as soon as it was shown on the news I had a dozen calls from my friends asking if it was my jeep,

The stupid stuff people do never ceases to amaze me.

Back