• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is this suppose to see water? w/Pic

lifted00

NAXJA Forum User
I fought and fought trying to find this leak. I finally found water leaking between the window and weatherstrip belt. But by looking at the pictures of the bottom of the door it appears that there are drain holes. Is water suppose to seep in there if these are drain holes? The water seems to be leaking thru the widow seal and finding a path between the door and door panel then soaking my passenger side floor board.
DSC00374.jpg

If you have a roof rack check there. Mine leaked like sieve. I unbolted it a light coat of silicone and rebolted it on. No leak. The door is supposed to drain out onto the rockers. If not then it could be plugged. As far as the seals go, welcome to the Jeep world. I bought $250.00 worth of new Chrysler seals last summer, and it still leaks. I had the interior door panels off awaiting the shipment of my sound matting and watched rain leaking down into the door. :looney: I felt great knowing it did nothing.!!!1

Nope, I can see this leaking between the door panel and door and puddling up on the trim above the carpet. Where do the roof racks leak at? Down the A pillar and onto the floor?

Nope, I can see this leaking between the door panel and door and puddling up on the trim above the carpet. Where do the roof racks leak at? Down the A pillar and onto the floor?

Exactly. It was leaking bad enough I could see the puddle through the carpet and the padding.:flamemad:

The window strip/rubber is not water proof. It was not designed to prevent water from entering the door. I keep larger objects out and prevents the window from rattleing.

I never get water on the floor though. There are drain holes in the bottom of the door. Check for blockage.

I've got the puddle on the passenger side too! I thought something spilled but everytime it rains good, I enjoy the lovely smell of a wet carpet! So it's coming from the rack?

You actually might want to make sure that the seal on your HVAC fan isn't leaking too. I kept getting all kinds of water in my passenger side floor and it turned out to be a bad seal where the fan motor comes in from the firewall. I kept trying all kinds of things - resealing the roof rack, door, windsheild, and nothing worked. I even cut open the cowl and reasealed the air inlet. Finally put some RTV round the fan mortor on the engine side of the firewall and I've never had trouble since.

Back