• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"New" valve cover

Rodrigo_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I decided to update the way my Waggy´s engine looks.

This is how it was before:
Imagen022.jpg

and after :
tapaforo.jpg

This is how the engine bay looks now
Imagen032-1.jpg

Hope you like it. Bye for now

Looks nice, what paint did you use? Any special prep tricks?

Glad you like it.

I cleaned the whole surface with petrol . Then I applied a heat resistance satin black paint in spray. When dry I sanded the surface details with different sandpapaer. I think the last one was a 1200.

Cheers!

I did the exact same thing! black engine enamel and block sanded it when I rebuilt my motor

looks real nice. How hard of a job is it to remove the valve cover?

To remove the valve over is pretty easy. You have to be careful with the rubber plugs on the top coz they use to break when removed.
No problems at all with the bolts using a normal gear wrench like the one pictured except with the one in the rear becuse I needed to use the same wrench but adding an angle or yoke (not sure whats that in english, sorry)

llave+de+carraca

To reinstall it is very easy.......look for a gasket or sealant before remove the cover.

So is a little bit unconfortable but easy......... ..be sure that the engine and radiator are cold before doing that!!!!!;)
Imagen025-1.jpg

REgards

Last edited:
Thanks man don't think my big hind end would fit in there.lol

Ummmm great looking!

I know the aftermarket valve covers but never seen one for Renix. The same than you have but in black would be great for my Jeep.....does it fit without problems on a Renix? I think the patern is not the same.

I the other hand.....I guess you installed a high flow air filter with an Rusty´s air tube or similar. Could you please show the instalating more in detail? Im interested about that but I dont kow "how to" because the vacumm lines.
Thanks in advance

Regards

Someone asked about aftermarket valve covers, I have one, its made by Crown.

Not that kind of aftermarket one. I was thinking more along the lines of a taller one to do away with the spacer for roller rocker installs.

Back