• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tin Bender Jamboree

Jump This

Just another minion!
Anyone else going to the Tinbender event in JV?
The official date is April 25th, but there will be runs going on most of the week. I'll be heading up there on Friday the 24th and plan on doing some of the trails I have yet to do.
Sunbonnet and Hwy 20 etc.

Who is in with me?

OH yeah, the raffle they have is supposed to be rather large.

:D

The official date is April 25th, but there will be runs going on most of the week. I'll be heading up there on Friday the 24th and plan on doing some of the trails I have yet to do.

Who is in with me?

Are you kidding? That is draft day! I will be glued to ESPN all day!! See if new management and coaches can upright the LIONS sinking ship.

Who is in with me?

Most of there runs require 37" min. tires......SANTA

Who is in with me?

If you can make it out there on Thursday, i'll come out for the day and run. I have to fly to SLC for SX on Friday.

Sounds interesting...

For someone who hasn't ever been to JV, what run would you recommend?

Looks like my options would be:
After Shock
Claw Hammer
Jack Hammer
Jack Hammer North
Outer Limits
Sledge Hammer
Sun Bonnet
Wrecking Ball

Jack Hammer and Outer Limits seem to be the most popular.

What do you think?

Last edited:
Sounds interesting...

What do you think?

Aftershock or Claw would be a good place to start. Just to get a feel for what JV is about. Then move onto Jack, Sledge etc.

Sounds interesting...

What do you think?

Another thing to keep in mind is how you are built. Most JV trails have a way of finding the weak parts in your rig, even without pushing it.
Big tires with stock shafts are not recommended. Also 2 lockers really will benifit you on nearly all trails.

Really, two lockers and aftermarket front axle shafts are minimum equipment for JV trails.

Rick, I'd love to go. I've been working the weekend of Tinbender Jambo for a long time, the last time I didn't work that weekend I went to the SoCal chapter event in Big Bear. Now, I'm not working (weekends or anything) but can't/don't want to spend the money to go. I'm going wheeling the weekend after that, and can't do both.

Next year.....

Another thing to keep in mind is how you are built. Most JV trails have a way of finding the weak parts in your rig, even without pushing it.
Big tires with stock shafts are not recommended. Also 2 lockers really will benifit you on nearly all trails.

I got alloys on a D30 up front, and stock D44 shafts in back. Locked front and back. On 35's.

I plan to get alloys in the back as soon as I can get the $$ together, but not before the 25th.

Would the stock D44 shafts not be a good idea?

I did Clawhammer, with stock shafts locked f/r on 33s. I have a 29 spline 8.25, and a low pinion 30 up front. Just to give you an idea.

jesse

Ive never broken a shaft at JV (knock on wood) but i have twisted like pretzels, 2 x 8.25 29 spline Alloy USA shafts, 2 x 30 spline chromo left D30 inners, 1 x 30 spline right D30 inner, almost destroyed 2 spicer 760 joints, broken a D44 and HP D30 ring gear. Not mention all the wear and tear on other stuff.
The trails are brutal on your equiptment, but damn, they are fun!! I f'ing love that place!!!

Back