• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need help with valve cover gasket

DravisAR

NAXJA Forum User
How do you remove the rear line thats running from the valve cover to the intake manifold? (not the front one running to the intake, thats simple)

I have all the bolts out and the coolant lines out of the way but cant get it out until I remove that line. Looks important, I dont want to break it :laugh:

Use RTV and the new gasket or just the gasket?

Thanks

its your throttle cable and yes it is very important. i personally just wiggled it out of that tight area and with the help of my buddy wiggled it back in no prob. if you dont know what your doing, i wouldnt recommend disassembling the throttle cable

Is he talking about the PCV/CCV system or a cable?

It was the CCV, and in the process of trying to remove it, I snapped it in half. Got to find a replacement.

Oh well, at least the gaskets in. How was the valve supposed to be removed?

Can you just use a piece of vacuum hose to splice it together?

I would try and super glue that sucker, or head for the salvage yard.

Good luck.

just go to the dealership - both of the CCV's elbows cost less than $9 together.

I was thinking it would be excessive $--I needed to replace the "J" hose where the hard plastic vacuum harness attaches to the airbox--only available with the vacuum harness 1/2 side, and it was $92. Decided to grab a $6 generic "J" hose at AZ and trim to fit.

Back