• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

And so it begins...

Muddy Beast

NAXJA Forum User
I'll let the photos do the talking.

536546.jpg

756746.jpg

54645.jpg

:guitar:

~Scott

Good luck man thanks again for the lights =]

Hopefully those cheez-its get you through the process

Hah well get to it man. Word on the street is, a certain someone might have there D44 and D60 build done around the same time as me. You want to do a "test" run with him and I? (A.K.A. Rhino land type stuff)

~Scott

I got that unit bearing off for you. Couple whacks with a BFH, came right off. :laugh:

Damn I knew that would happen. You can't deny, it was close to coming off when I brought it to you though. :laugh3:

So how are my axles looking?

~Scott

P.S. Can you guys make sure my axle tubes are clean in the D30? And can you fill me in on the condtion of the 8.8 brakes so I know what parts I need to buy? :helpme:

It wasnt even close to coming off. :D

I wouldnt put back on the dust shields, I mean mud trappers. They are pointless really.

We can get the tubes cleaned probably.

As far as the brakes, you'll have to buy 2 new soft lines, for each side. On the drivers side, the softline to the caliper comes from a junction block that is solidly attached to the rear rubber brake line from the MC. You'll probably need to do something custom there or just buy the right stuff, or we might have something lying around. You'll need pads too. IF I have time, I might turn the rotors and see how they measure out.

It wasnt even close to coming off. :D

I wouldnt put back on the dust shields, I mean mud trappers. They are pointless really.

We can get the tubes cleaned probably.

As far as the brakes, you'll have to buy 2 new soft lines, for each side. On the drivers side, the softline to the caliper comes from a junction block that is solidly attached to the rear rubber brake line from the MC. You'll probably need to do something custom there or just buy the right stuff, or we might have something lying around. You'll need pads too. IF I have time, I might turn the rotors and see how they measure out.

Yeah John told me to not bother with them, and that's fine because I don't want to buy some. And yeah if you can clean the tubes that'd be nice, so my new seals don't keep previous dirt in.

And yeah I know about the brake set-up, I already have a dakota rear line with the junction block, so I just need to get some chevy soft lines, some hardline run on top, and weld a few small bolts on the axle tubes to hold all the brake stuff down. Just waiting till I get the axle back to plan it a little better. If you could turn the rotors that would be cool. :thumbup:

~Scott

The brackets are BEEF. I'm super impressed.

Picked up my new to me 4.5 RE lift last night. :)

~Scott

Back