• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

t-case question

rcliftedXJ

NAXJA Forum User
hey, so I have a 97 xj with a np242 t-case with a 23 spline input from the tranny. my question is, does anyone know if the input on a 231 case from a 00 or 01 xj sport is a 21 or 23 spline. my father runs a shop and he just took in the '00 and before I started tearing it apart and got into that hole deal, I figured I would ask first to see if anyone on here knew.

thanks~

ok cool, I hope it is, being a newbie at this i've baught 3 t-cases trying to get it to work! do you happen to know what year they changed to the 23 spline?

Don't mean to change the subject, but why are you tearing out the 242? I would think that VT winters would be a good reason to have full-time 4WD. I love my 242 for the Montana winters. I wheel it a lot, and have not had any problems.

I am becaus I need a sye kit. I have 7 inches of lift and a tone of driveline vibrations. I only really need two wheel and four low because I just mostly wheel with it. I know the 242 is supossedly a stronger case but you cant find a sye kit for the 242.

Don't mean to change the subject, but why are you tearing out the 242? I would think that VT winters would be a good reason to have full-time 4WD. I love my 242 for the Montana winters. I wheel it a lot, and have not had any problems.

ok cool, I hope it is, being a newbie at this i've baught 3 t-cases trying to get it to work! do you happen to know what year they changed to the 23 spline?

I think they changed in either 91 or 97. I know that is not too specific, but I was thinking that it was either when the 91 came out being non-renix, or when the bodies changed in 97. I am thinking that it was 91 though. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Pretty sure it was in 91.

Back