• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

searchers steering set up

jmeloxj

NAXJA Forum User
I have just baught searchers 4x4(http://www.searchers4wd.com/home.htm) steering set up and by far it is the best i have ever seen! the kit it made up of: a custom tire to tire tierod made of 1.5"x.250 DOM high quality 3/4" hiems,a custom draglink made of 1.5"x.250 DOM using quality 3/4" hiemsand 2 sets of misalignment bushings for the draglink ends and 3/4" also all grade 8 hardware. this is a beefy set up!!! it makes my axel tubes look tiny and as for the install it was a snap !!! all that is needed are simple hand tools;2 jack stands 3/4 drill bit, drill(1/2" shank) hammer wrenches and lock tight and a strong enough pitman arm puller!!! i broke mine tryen to get it off~ i was able to do a complet install in under 2 hours!!! the worst part is jus the drilling of the holes and thats it! thats the worst part everything else is a snap!!!!This kit replaces a weak link with beefy parts but also reduces steering slack to increase responsiveness!!!! i have been very impressed with the proformance of this! They are very fast and very nice about everything!!! any problems or anything even to just check in and see the status of the work they are doing for you they are jus glad to do some work for you and get their name out a little more. I can't say enought about them, they can fab up jus about anything you need all you have to do is ask.

all of this is just my 2 cents so please dont take offence to this i am jus passing on all the good news i have gotten from them!

I ordered the same set up, but unfortunately, the "misalignment spacers" weren't, they were just spacers and limited the droop of my axle considerably. Did you move your trackbar at all? Where'd you move it to? I destroyed my front end test driving the jeep after installing the steering stuff, so I can't really say if I like it or not yet. It is a beefy set up, I just think that it needs another bend on the pitman arm side to level out the rod end. Its maxed out just turning the wheel full lock. I'm re-doing it for a waggy front end and adding true high-misalignment spacers to give me a few more degrees of drop at the pitman arm and at the knuckle side I'm only putting high misalignment spacers on the drag link and not the rod end.

Last edited:
There was another guy here who tried it. I think it was mack. He only had it on for a few days then took it back off. Any one else here have a good experience on this? Im lookin for a decent priced new steering setup.

I'm working on a OTK set up with that, but it'll require a gusset on the passanger side knuckle. Haven't figure that part out yet.

Phat Jeeps uses bolt on gussets for both sides of the knuckle. I like the set-up but it requires either removing the sway bar mounts or building different sway bar mounts. It is a true OTK tie rod.
Rick R

anyone around here running the phat jeeps set up? I was looking at that setup awhile ago.

Back