• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

top heavy?

NW-ZJ-SCOTT

TEXAS-JT-SCOTT
NAXJA Member
Sorerunner (Jeremy) and i, experienced an interesting event today.. both of our first partial rollover. at the time it seemed terrible. but after a while its actually not that bad, and could of been alot worse.

Happened in soft clay/mud/dirt

:anon:

needs new Pass side doors and fender. but it didnt "Fold like a taco"

DSC02369.jpg

The rack shifted
DSC02374.jpg

Just tell her its broke in now and that she don't need to be so worried the next trip out about scratching it.

She is wanting me to take it down for an ins. estimate on monday. What do you think? Smart idea or not. Needs new R/R door, R/F door, R/ fender to start with. Few dents between c and d pillar. Then plenty of paint.

When I dented the rear quarter panel on my Grand on Mt Rainier, it was a few grand on the estimate..... it did not look too bad, so ya never know.

so your plan is that you'll never again ever dent/scratch it, basically not do any type of difficult trail again?not saying every ones opinion of what difficult is, is the sane.but what id call difficult usually means a good chance to flop it

Pamquist Road - Gresham - Saturday - Going straight then a slight to full turn around - 5-10 miles an hour - goosed gas pedal a tad to get a little effect - went from all four to two wheels in a heart beat - there was no going back or anything - no tell tale sign of tipping - just full bore flop.

I pulled into a muddy area, was doing a turn around and goosed the gas pedal to sling a little mud. It felt like it climbed a ramp and just flopped. Looking back at the situation, just confuses me more. Semi flat surface, kinda wet clay/mud, AWD NP249 transfer case, tad bit of gas, 5-10 mph...

Sorry for the double post here, but I'm just tired and it looks good.

still not willing to Blame this on AWD.

More like Wrong offset of wheels for 4-5" lift

Has a narrow stance just like a stock 95+ stock ford explorer that caused them to be very tippy.
I have a hard time believing this ZJ would of had the same fate in the same situation.

edit: for reference google search:
zjtrailblazer6.jpg

Last edited:
Ok real fast class leason here

Good for doing spin outs and cookies
muscle-car.jpg

Not good for spin outs and cookies
notmusclecar.jpg

Still glad to hear you both are ok though could have been a lot wores.
As far as getting it fixed I would think it would be a lot cheaper to go to a junk yard and get the parts you need throw them on then get it painted unless you have a good full coverage insure plan.

Character dents is what they are... I would not turn it in unless you plan on not wheelin' again with it. Fix it as you want yourself. If everything functions and you wheel it? I'd leave it alone, unless a particular piece is too "ungodly" looking for you both. Then fix that or those.

most of what im seying in the pics is cosmetic.... i know dents dont look good. just some food for thaught. i could fix all thoes pannels on the jeep w/o replacing a thing.
if the doors still woork good and theres no major crunching.

turn it into the ins for the $$ and find your self a backdoor body man (with good exp) who will do the job for less than what the ins. company pays u out.

in the end u may make some $$ off of your screwup. maby make the wife happy too.
if ud like were in the restoration buisness and could get u an estimit iffn ur neer salem sometime.

let me know. looks like a good rig to have all beat up:)

Sorerunner (Jeremy) and i, experienced an interesting event today.. both of our first partial rollover. at the time it seemed terrible. but after a while its actually not that bad, and could of been alot worse.

Happened in soft clay/mud/dirt

:anon:

needs new Pass side doors and fender. but it didnt "Fold like a taco"

DSC02369.jpg

The rack shifted
DSC02374.jpg

That is the exact reason I got the one on the trailer. to keep the one towing the trailer from looking like yours. I know it's not a Cherokee but it was free and free is a very good price.

Dave

newjeep001.jpg

Back