• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pulleys

jeeperjohn

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody know of a larger harmonic damper for the 4.0 to turn the accessories faster at idle? How about smaller power steering and water pump pulleys. Thanks for your input.

The water pump pully may need to be made - and I'm not sure I'd want to. The 242ci already runs fairly warm.

The power steering pump pully should be a fairly standard item - it's a metric Saginaw pump. A late-GM underdrive pully will probably work (check with March Performance. Don't ask for something for a Jeep - they'll tell you No.)

The alternator pully is a "maybe" - if you've got RENIX, it's a Delco unit and won't be a problem. I'm not sure about the later ND units.

Any particular reason you're wanting to do this? I just want to make sure you're not planning on trading away something you might end up wanting later...

Mainly because at idle or low RPM my power steering sucks due to having to install a rebuilt pump, and the water does not circulate adequately at idle. If I hold the RPM up around 1100, the water flows just fine but at idle it is too slow.

I run the smaller PSC power steering pulley and it works very well, better steering response at idle. As far as water flow at idle, get your radiator rodded out. No reason you should need a different pully for adequate cooling at idle........the rest of us don't.

I run the smaller PSC power steering pulley and it works very well, better steering response at idle. As far as water flow at idle, get your radiator rodded out. No reason you should need a different pully for adequate cooling at idle........the rest of us don't.
I run a Flowcooler water pump and at idle it does not flow enough water. I have a brand new all aluminum radiator so that is not the issue. If I run the RPM's up to 1K it cools noticeably better. It does not get hot at all under normal circumstances but when I am running dunes or something and it gets hot, it will not get cool quickly enough at idle.

Back