• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97 hatch props on 92

asatxj

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone ever put 97+ hatch props on a pre 96? Can it be done?? I searched but didn't see anything right off.

I'm pretty sure they are a direct swap. The pre-96 hatch is quite a bit lighter since its fiberglass as opposed to the 97+ hatch which is steel.

The older ones use a ball and socket at both ends. The newer ones use ball and socket at one end and a bracket with two bolts on the other. I'm wondering of someone has put the new style on the old and how it worked.

The older ones use a ball and socket at both ends. The newer ones use ball and socket at one end and a bracket with two bolts on the other. I'm wondering of someone has put the new style on the old and how it worked.

I did not know that! Learn something new everyday!:yelclap:

heres an idea... get the right parts...?

i know jeep people like modifing stuff, and if thats the case, why dont you make it happen instead of posting. there is no performance/functionality gain here... so why?

Back