• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bill to limit Federal powers to Constitutionally granted powers only

Darky

NAXJA Forum User
The concept is an affront to the powermongers and would face certain legislative death if it is not picked up by the mainstream voters. A package including term limits, pay reduction, and ending any type of retirement packages along with HR450 would be just and good.

on the one hand I like it and I like the idea...

On the other hand, with the current political breakdown of congress, and the current political mindset of Americans; Do you REALLY want to give anyone the opportunity to call a constitution convention and change it "just a little" to better reflect the times and the "will of the people" that keeps getting quoted? I know I sure as hell don't.

Fortunately, the Constitution is very hard to change. There have been groups trying to re-open the constitution for decades. There has never been support to call a new convention. They have trouble getting support just amending it(thank god)

'Good idea on the enumerated powers act.

Back