• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

internal cage... S and W race Cars any good??

So i was wondering if this cage is decent??
http://www.swracecars.com/store/10-Point-Roll-Cage-OSCARItem_24=11-2587.aspx

for 250 for prebent stuff is like a steal!!

have a buddy that said that he would buy it in a sec!!

If it is any good......

let me know!!

PICTURES PLEASE!!!!

Do you have a 2 door or 4 door Jeep? They used my 2 dr XJ to design that cage, and it fit VERY loosely in mine. I had to heavily modify it to get it to fit well. At present, I have a friend that is marking up the design of that cage to get it to fit his 4dr XJ much better. I would hold off on the S&W cage right now, check back with them in another 2 months. It should be modded by then, and should be a much better fitting cage for either 2dr or 4dr applications.

It would be for my buddies 4 door 1990....

i currently am looking for a "newer" cherokee..... diff. story...

but when i do get one (97+ cherokee 4 door hopefully!)

Thanks for the info...

as far as price... will it go up then in 2 months?

cool!

i wouldnt mind paying even more if it fits better etc.....

but not up to paying $600.....
i dont have a bender or a buddy with one.... so this would be the most
cost effiective way to get a cage.... (yes im a college student on a budget.... just like my buddy...)

like andy said it doesn't fit too well to the body, pretty narrow up front. For me it was a bang for the buck deal a few days after nearly endoing my jeep, I'm planning on building a cage from scratch later, or possibly junking my 98 and building my 95, but it works for me now. Heres a pic of when I was welding it in my 98. The cage is pushed back in a few pics to weld, the rest are here: http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o94/shmoken875/cage/ not really any good ones, I was more concerned with getting it done.
DSC00531.jpg

A friend of mine has that cage and he said it went together well but I'm not sure on the fit, it looks good though and he too was looking to not spend alot.

from the looks of the pictures it looks pretty good to me... besides the lack of triangulation... but a good starter/better then nothing type of budget cage....

any more info on this cage?? or other "cheaper" DIY cage kits... under like $500..

that picture above makes it look like the worst cage ever....
look at the T and J cage
they give a naxja discount

Here is a shot of mine from the back, keep in mind, it took ALOT of work to get this S&W cage to fit the way you see it here. The main b-pillar hoop was stretched with a porta-power to fit closer to the sides, 2.5" was added to the bottom of the b-pillar hoop and the front bars that come off the halo down to the floor AND the bars going to the rear, the center bar and grab handles were added in for more protection of the driver and passenger, the front AND rear upper seat belt mounts were tied to the cage as well, giving it 12 points tied into the Jeep.

The person that put this cage in for me is used to doing Porsches, so he really knew all the tricks to getting the cage to fit as tight as possible. This cage was put in 8 years ago, and besides some recent rot issues I have had, its been holding up well.
RearBumper011.jpg

Back