• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ABS bypass or ripping it all out

FireFly

NAXJA Forum User
hard to do? how can i accomplish this without totally destroying the brakes?

1990 xj limited
auto 4.0 np242
200,000 miles
does have a brake booster on it.Hasta

the damned check anitlock light comes on and then the brake light comes on (like if you e bakes still on) and when those are on i have to stand on my brakes in order to stop.....this is not good.

well, if your BRAKE light comes on, I would say its more serious than you would like to think. non working ABS is one thing, non working brakes are another. Maybe do the WJ booster swap?

I would swap the ABS out for regular brakes. Remove the ABS pump and just make up some lines, get a proportioning valve from a non ABS equipped rig and install it or get an adjustable proportioning valve from Summit.

swap in a 95-96 brake booster, and master cylinder, with pedal. Get the whole assembly with the proportioning valve. You can rip out the hydroboost pump and remove the relays for the ABS. You need to reflare like 1 line and reroute another. Less work than a WJ booster/MC and same end result, dual diaphragm booster with 1" bore MC.

Back