• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1998 D30 PN question

WB9YZU

NAXJA Forum User
I'm replacing the pinion bearings in my 98's front axle (High pinion D30).

I sourced NAPA because they are near, got my bearings and pinion seal and have the D30 dissasembled. Problem is not one of the bearings go to this axle, and the seal is wrong. So I went to NAPAONLINE and checked his work with the same part numbers. So I looked at an earlier year (96). The part numbers change.

So I figured the NAPA DB was messed up and I tried CSK with the same result.

I am positive this is the OEM axle that came with the Jeep, but the part number thing has jammed me. Does anyone know of any PN difference between the D30 HP solid axle years? A side note, the DBs show a note that says "Spicer D30-AF".

Does anyone have the RIGHT part numbers, or should I just use the 96' information and let it go at that.

I,m looking at a Crown catalog
Inner pinion bearing # J8126499 84/01 all ratios
Outer pinion Bearing # J8124052 84/99 all ratios

The seal depends if the yoke has a slinger or not(84-90)
#4746772 (91-10/1/00)
These are Chry/Jeep part #,s

I think it depends on weather the pinion has shims or a crush sleeve.

Wayne

Thanks for the info Wayne. Last night I found a complete listing on the Morris4X4 site. I copied a few part numbers and had the NAPA guy cross them.

So I guess this is a "Heads up" to folks. the parts counter computers, and the books (we checked) are corrupt from 1997 and up as far as the FBI axle parts are concerned.

Welcome to the information age ;)

Back