• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chrysler 8.25 Disc brake option from a Liberty?

XJ_Otto

NAXJA Forum User
I read online that in 2003, the Liberty's with the C8.25 had disc brakes. Find a wrecked one and maybe have direct swap components? Does anyone have any knowledge of this?

I've heard it, but don't have any first-hand experience.

The 8.25 from a Liberty is wider IIRC but the disc brakes are a direct swap. Even the e-brake cable from the one side is perfect for a moderately lifted XJ as it is about 6 inches longer. The discs are on 2003 and up. 2002's had drums.

The 8.25 from a Liberty is wider IIRC but the disc brakes are a direct swap. Even the e-brake cable from the one side is perfect for a moderately lifted XJ as it is about 6 inches longer. The discs are on 2003 and up. 2002's had drums.

nope on the e brake cables. i am running a set (both sides and they are just about even in length) of modified kj ebrake cables. first off the exposed wire in the center of the cable that attatches to the e brake lever is not enough. i had to pull back the mounting clip from the cables outer layer and trim that down some along with the stainless steel spring just beneith the outer layer so that the distance from the mounting clip to the lever end of cable was the same as our stock ones. put the clip back on crimp and good to go. the other end of the cable is a direct fit for zj rear disks. the cable is way more than 6" longer than our stock e brake cables. i have more than plenty of e brake cable at full flex and then some. i ran them to the opposite wheels than what it was hooked to at the lever end to try to take up slack.

this set up has preformed great in the year that i have had it

your link does not work...

You need to include the whole URL (a lot of times a copy and paste will have the three ... so shorten it, like your. but the link you have posted contains the three ... in the actual URL, which does not work in the URL world...)

Back