• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

centering front axle??

saybye

NAXJA Forum User
ok ive finally decided to get motivated again and get my junk back on the trail. ive got a 44 outta a 73 bronco. 3 linking the front. never done anything like this before but im determined to do it myself. everything is out from under the front of the jeep and the 44 is sitting on jack stands under it. so whats the easiest way to make sure the axle is centered under the jeep and is where it needs to be?

040.jpg

this is how i plan on doing it. prolly not the best or most high tech way but a friend of mine did his like this and it works great. this is my version of a low budget college build :)

I cant see your pictures, because I am at work, but I've been known to hang strings with bolts tied to the bottom from parts of the jeep to make sure its the same front to back, and to measure from equal parts to make sure its the same side to side.

I build stuff at ride height, so I make sure the trackbar is the right length, tack it all together, then put it at full stuff, full droop, and full articulation to check clearances (without coil springs installed before, now without air in the airshocks) then pull it all apart and weld it up after measuting a few more times.

It's worked pretty well in the past.

Back