• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transfer case ratcheting noise?

Vanquish

NAXJA Forum User
K so 2000 XJ, AW4/231 w/ PORC SYE.

Been installed since November, only recently discovered this...

When I'm turning at low speed, I can hear my transfer case ratcheting, and can feel it if I put my hand on the lever. I'm assuming its because the two output yolks aren't going the same speed, but what's ratcheting and why? I've never heard this before, or heard OF this before...

No other transfer case issues since SYE install, or ever being in service.:repair:

Check your t-case shifter linkage and make sure you are fully in the selected gear. I figure that since you did a SYE you might of had a t-case drop on it first?? And perhaps it was adjusted differently for a t-case drop.

Never had a TC drop, never removed the linkages or adjusted them. All TC gears work the exact same as they did when it was stock.

I've never had any sort of power loss. To be honest I cant hear the ratcheting over my exhaust and tires, I can only hear it turning into my driveway, or a parking spot while not on the throttle.

Back