• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new fuel rail?

tomcat

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
i am doing a stroker rebuild on my '99, and i was taking apart the intake/fuelrail/injectors to get prepped for 24# injectors, and have the intake cleanded out. anyway, i am not all that happy with the condition of my fuel rail, is there anywhere online that you can get new ones? i looked around and didn't see anything, i will check the junkyards soon, but would rather have new when it comes to something like that.

any ideas?

Last time I saw a post on this it was dealer item and $220.

I worked in a mass production fuel rail shop near Detroit, too. They are made out of cheap low carbon steel tubing and stampings that are oven brazed together. We got about $2 each. We made a lot of the rails that ended up at Chrysler. The best way to detail one would be to glass bead it after carefully plugging the injector bores and taping off the quick connect area. Then I guess you could spray paint it with high temp primer and topcoat. We also made the rails for Aston Martin that were chrome plated. But you would have to keep the plating out of the injector bores.

Back