• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf Spring Clamps

Mdub

NAXJA Forum User
My leaf springs are fanning open and hitting the tires. Does any company make a good clamp or has anyone fabbed up something good that doesn't slip around to clamp them? All ideas welcome and pics preferred. Thanks.

http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/home_brew_budget_boost.htm

How to make your own. I think RE and Rusty's both sell the stock style clamps, and I'd guess others do as well. BDS sells some of both styles (bolt and bent tab)

http://www.bds-suspension.com/products/acc_hendricksclamps.php

My buddy's 3/4 ton GMC uses clamps like those Rocklizard built- I'm thinking that looks like a more secure clamp- my factory clamps have all loosened up, and worn away at the springs to the point that all clamps and now the springs are wrecked.

My RE springs came with clamps also, but they don't hold the bottom two leafs. Go to Home Depot and pick up a couple pair of 2" pipe clamps. They're a $1.30 a piece and work perfect.

If the regular spring clamps are there and it's just the lower couple of leaves sliding sideways, then keeping the u-bolts good and tight should take care of it.

If the regular spring clamps are there and it's just the lower couple of leaves sliding sideways, then keeping the u-bolts good and tight should take care of it.

Very good point. Mine only does it on the driver side. Maybe it loosened up, Duh

Thanks

When I built my bastard pack I went to autozone and they had leaf clamps that was a square u bolt with a 3/8" plate to hold them together, I put it down closer to the u bolts and worked wonderfully.

Thanks a lot you guys. The BDS ones look perfect, or I might make my own. My REs came with some, but farther in, the shorter leafs fan out. Don't know why, but I fittin to fix it. Thanks again.

I just read your post, thanks Goat, I'll go double check, it's been a while and that could very well be it...

Back