• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

High speed vibe at 60mph...

Achmed

NAXJA Forum User
For the longest, my XJ has always ridden like a Cadillac, but now, at 60mph on the button, I seem to have a high speed vibe under even the slightest load. When I let off the throttle at 60mph, it is smooth as a babies butt. Again, only at 60mph. Opinions? Rear shaft has a new u-joint. My senses tell me the centering ball on the CV shaft, but what say you?

• 2000 XJ
  • Auto/NP242
  • Stock shaft
  • Stock slipyoke
  • CV joint welded onto end of shaft
  • 7" of lift

tcase output bearing?

im confused by stock shaft, stock slip yoke but has a cv joint welded to shaft.

so you replaced the transfercase end u-joint and slip yoke with a cv joint with the slip yoke on the end of the cv joint?

is there any play in the cv joint? save you checked for wear on the splines of the out put shaft? are you getting any spring wrap when under load?

You should just do away with your whole home brew setup. Buy a real SYE and CV joint after market DS. But like the last poster said check to see if there is any play in current CV joint/ball. That would be my guess.

Back