• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Turn Sugnals and hazzards stopped working

JeepCherokeeGuy99

NAXJA Forum User
I was wiring the jeep 2500 headlamps on my 99 xj and had the right turn signal on so i could tell if the light was coming on as i hooked it up. It was making a buzzing noise. I think i may have touched the positive and ground leads on the drivers side turn signal wires. After that, when i try the hazzards or turnsignals nothing hapenns. not even the green arrows show. Flasher maybe? any ideas?

i replaced the flasher relay and still no fix. No green arrow, no clicking noise.

no but i will right now.

Why you gotta go break stuff?

Let me know if you find a fix, the signals and hazards (and headlight low beam, DRL and high works, go figure) don't work on the 90 XJ I just bought, parking lights and brake lights are fine.

There's 2 flashers in the drivers kick panel fuse box, anyone know which is which?

k i have power going to the flasher relay....

k i have power going to the flasher relay....

i take that back. no power going to relay. turn signal switch works, flasher is new. no power to the plug in though. Also, my left tail light is out, along with tag light

ok so, my flasher does have power, my turn signal switch does have power. maybe a bad ground? i dunno, im running out of options. no green arrows, left tail light is still out, drivers side high beam goes off when i put high beams on. and license plate light is out.

My turn signals and hazards crapped out and it turned out to be the switch in the steering column on my 2000. $45 and not too much trouble to fix.

My turn signals and hazards crapped out and it turned out to be the switch in the steering column on my 2000. $45 and not too much trouble to fix.

anyone know what switch he's talkin about?

I think he means the switch for the hazard lights. You didn't say it, so I'll ask again- did you check your fuses? If you short the lights out, it will (should) blow the fuse.

I think he means the switch for the hazard lights. You didn't say it, so I'll ask again- did you check your fuses? If you short the lights out, it will (should) blow the fuse.

oh, no i have put the multi-function switch into another xj and it worked perfectly fine. All of the fuse have been checked multiple times.

Did you have the bumper off. I just had my flashers/hazard go out and nothing on my dash either after puting on a hitch and after changing fuses, flasher, the multifunction switch and it still not working I took it to the Jeep dealer and found that all that had happened was when I put the bumper back on it pinched the wiring harness on both sides shorting out the ground. They un-pinched the wiring placed bumper back on and everything works.

My turn signals stopped working on my 96, but the hazards work fine and all bulbs good and the blue hazard relay under dash good--is this a multiswitch issue or is there some other relay hiding under the dash? To make matters more interesting, the owner's manual says fuse 8 is for the turn signals and on mine 8 is null(96 changeover quirks, I'm sure).

Thanks--and that will be added to the JY list: e-brake springs for buddy, kick down cable tb mount to fix buddies wj instead of him paying $2500 for the new tranny that "is needed"(how many people get suckered by the dealer?), center console latch for bro(these get taken fast), and tan spare tire cover for other friend.

So I yanked my multi-switch out took it apart, cleaned the copper up. Ohmed it out per fsm diagnostic and it passes all continuity tests. There must be a bad wire/connection somewhere down the line. . .

i believe you have to flasher relays on the pre 97 models. one for hazard and one for blinkers.

Back