• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Routing a front OX cable - Need your experience

DeathValleyPaul

NAXJA Forum User
I need some ideas on routing the front locker cable. Right now I have the shifter mounted to the left of the drivers seat even with the front seat, the cable going under the floor, above the slider bar and routed on the inside inner front fender to the Left Front Shock where I have two sets of hose clamps holding it to the stationary part of the shock, then around the knuckle inside, clearing it by 1/2 inch, then over to and down to the front diff. It wants to keep moving and sometimes slides loose and rubs the outer cover against the tire inside.

Someone must have come up with a better way. Has anyone else found that better way. The damn cable is too stiff to flex the way I would really like it to. Has anyone run the electric or air actuator to the front yet? I already have an ARB on the rear, so it is just one more hose!

I have found very little information on this subject when I was seraching around for it.

What I did was this. I went through a grommet in the engine compartment. I believe its right above where the shift cable for the trans comes out.

Here is a picture of it. This was obviously before I attached the cable down.

DSC_2457.jpg

My lever is in a little bit different location than yours.

I obviously didn't care about hacking up my console.
DSC_2499.jpg

Before I recently did the tie-rod flip kit, I came from the pumpkin over to the swap-bar mount(zip tied) and then back in toward the EGR/Exhaust and entered the body near the gas-pedal and the transmission hump.

After the tie-rod flip kit, I went from the pump over the trackbar (inside of the trackbar mount) and then straight back into the body.

On the first version you need to keep it out of the spring, I'ved crushed an OX cable before in the spring.

Back