• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best 4x4 shop to buy shocks.

dellstopjeep

NAXJA Forum User
I am biting the bullet and upgrading to some new shocks and I see that bilstein and rancho are having deals..... but I never usually go to a local shop to buy since most things can be ordered online. I figure this time I will buy local since I may find them in stock somewhere and most shock companies dont sell online. If I bite the bullet on bilsteins since there buy three get one free who do I go to around here?
thanks

NW offroad outfitters in woodland. Best local shop if you ask me.

The Bilstein deal is only on certain part numbers and only ordered from Bilstein...they can't be existing stock.

PM me and I'll square you away with some and have them set for will call at the Portland Central 4 Wheel Drive. ;)

Ecksjay (Phil) has taken care of me several times in the past! Highly recommended.

oregon motorsports off of 205 just south of the airport exit, they always have taken care of me when I needed shicks and whatnot for my old baja, or makrs sandtrans in forest grove/hillsboro, I know a lot of people that are happy with him.

So I just bought a lift kit from Phil, and then took it over to a friend's shop on the eastside of the state to work on it. got halfway into the lift, and realized that the warehouse guy had pulled the wrong shocks. front of an XJ will NOT fit toyota rear shocks. So what does he do? hops in his rig, and delivers me the proper ones on a saturday...

Beyond that amazing level of service, he also gave me quite a deal. There's really no good reason to buy elsewhere.

I support those that support the Chapter. :)

stirthepot.gif

Whatever shop has Bilstein 12" 7100's Short Bodies in stock

Whatever Shop has Fox 2.0's 12" travel in stock

Whatever shop has King 2.0's in stock...

A reservor shock, in stock is the current theme in my drunken post. :guitar:

edit: the in stock is more critical than the brand, but if you get the 1700's - get the 285/78 valving... :thumbup:

delete this post so I can kill myself...... my $1000 daily driver just got rear ended and totaled and I know im gonna get screwed on the damn thing so I had to cancel my order so I can buy a replacement car. F my life.

Back