• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Started the bedliner, pics inside, please post your opinions so far!

w0mps

NAXJA Forum User
Well yesterday I went ahead and started prepping for my lower quarter panels and went ahead and bed lined it. I used Duplicolor with the roll-on kit. I spent awhile on prep and decided to use a sanding wheel with my angle grinder to speed things up. Where there was surface rust, I took it to bare metal, and primed everything after sanding with Krylon primer w/ rust stopper. (Don't have a huge rust problem, just HATE it). I also went a little crazy and did the wheelwells too. Here's how it turned out, let me know what you think!

Picture001-1.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture006.jpg

I am planning on following the same body line all the way down the truck to under the rocker panels. After that's complete, I am going to re-install these:

sp1.jpg

All in all it was a pretty tedious job, I am not too keen on how the lines came out, but it is starting to grow on me. Let me know how you feel... Negative or positive comments are always welcome! :eeks1:

Because I think it would look more uniform if I follow it all the way down. Plus on the other side, I had my rocker panel replaced, so that needs to be painted anyway.

Looks good. I think the "bedlinered" xj's look cool. Putting the cladding back on will give it more style i guess.

I just want it to match the other side, plus the cladding will never sit 100% flush with the metal, which invites moisture and so on... so I will have protection behind it.

Looks great, where did you get that "cladding" for the rockers?

I would have sealed thos holes up on the rear quarters, or is there cladding their too?

I think the cladding is made by Warrior products.

~Scott

why didnt you do the bedliner all the way to the front?? thats what I did on mine after I cut the fenders. I like the look also.

looks good man. i like how it gives it a rougher look.

looks good. but when i used it for my truck bed a few years ago it faded in some spots so you might want to think about painting over it to keep it black just an idea

Hows the quality on the duplicolor. I cant decide between Herc or duplicolor for the outside. Is it true black or is it dark grey?

I'm sanding all my clearcoat off the exterior at the moment, one thats done I'm going to roll the whole thing black liner.

I think it looks bitchen. The liner in the wheel wells is to keep rust away, good idea. I dont have rust where im at but it looks rad anyway

Hows the quality on the duplicolor. I cant decide between Herc or duplicolor for the outside. Is it true black or is it dark grey?

I'm sanding all my clearcoat off the exterior at the moment, one thats done I'm going to roll the whole thing black liner.

I think it looks bitchen. The liner in the wheel wells is to keep rust away, good idea. I dont have rust where im at but it looks rad anyway
Thanks man. I've heard very mixed reviews on the duplicolor, but it is true black. Not a hint of grey.

Herculiner is really really black, but fades super fast if you don't treat it or paint over it. I did my bumper and rockers with it and within a month they were light grey.

Back