• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Starting issue

lsc910

NAXJA Forum User
I'm working on a 93 xj that for the past 2 days has been turning over real slow. I went to auto zone and checked the battery, alternator, and just took the starter up to them and everything passes. Does anyone have a clue on what it could be? Maybe the ground or something. Thanks in advance.

Yes but I'm not sure if it will keep it up. When I was at auto zone having the battery tested it was so slow that the auto zone person was going in side to grab the jump box.

Hallo. Try to start on the starter relay. connect #30 and #87 with a jumpwire.
If the Jeep starts, the problem is Ignition switch, starter relay or NSS.
You can also check the starter, by connecting the 2 big contacts on the startermotor. (the cable from the battery is hot!) The motor will only spin.
But condition of the battery and its cables is most important. :spin1:

'92 XJ

Last edited:
Sounds to me like a weak battery .. Maybe go get it checked at a different auto parts store.

If still checking good. Check all connections.

Good Luck

Nick

I just put it back in the jeep and its started just fine. I'm letting it warm up to operating temp and trying to start again. I played with the ground wires from the battery and I hope I don't have any more problems.I leaving for SC on thursday and I don't need any problems on the road. Well I just went out side and shut it off and let it sit for a moment and it seems to be fine.

Last edited:
Hmm.... sounds like a connection problem after all. Maybe you solved the problem by unhooking and reconnecting everything .

Nick

Back