• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adjustable MAP Sensor

92tahoexj

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, so I know what a Adj. MAP sensor is, what it does, and how it works, but when should I use use it? Should I use it? How do I know it's adjusted correctly?

do you have a stroked motor?
a super or turbo charger?
if not, then you dont need one, so no need to worry about the settings....
if you do have any of the above, get to doing some heavy homework regards fuel/air mixtures.

martin

I live at 6500 feet above sea level and drive up and over the passes(8,000 feet) on a regular basis. 4.0 auto, Dynomax catback, throttle body spacer, air-tube w/ K&N filter.

Cant you tune your A/F Ratio with one? Meaning you could lean it out a little and get a touch higher gas mileage, or dump in a little more fuel and get a touch better performance over stock numbers? I read somewhere how to make your own adjuster and it showed ratio numbers and what they would do but I just want to confirm this info

Cant you tune your A/F Ratio with one? Meaning you could lean it out a little and get a touch higher gas mileage, or dump in a little more fuel and get a touch better performance over stock numbers? I read somewhere how to make your own adjuster and it showed ratio numbers and what they would do but I just want to confirm this info

You could try using the high altitude CPS/CKP for a little advance to your timing, a**uming you still have the Renix in your profile.

The FI system already runs a little on the lean side. Most of the use of the adj. map is to get a little more power. You can do the same thing a lot simpler by installing a lower temp thermostat in the engine.

You can't really use a setting chart to fool with your A/F ratios. You need to know what's happening in your engine, not somebody elses' guess. To accurately use any adjustable system(map, temp, O2, whatever) you need to install a wide band O2 sensor ahead of the cat, wired into a readout on the dash. Also, if you're trying for max fuel economy, you should also have an exhaust gas temp. gauge.

Back