• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

quick rim question

53guy

NAXJA Forum User
Can't seem to find what I'm looking for, but I'm under the assumption that a D44 out of a wagoneer will be able to use 15x8" rims, correct? Or did they use a 16" rim? Thanks.

53guy said:
Can't seem to find what I'm looking for, but I'm under the assumption that a D44 out of a wagoneer will be able to use 15x8" rims, correct? Or did they use a 16" rim? Thanks.
yeah you should be able to run a 15x8 on a waggy 44, just remember that its six lug

yup yup, wanted to get some rims today, but the auction expired before I realized that I could fit the 15"ers. 4 rims for $158+40 for shipping. Think any of our vendors could do better? Rock crawler series 51's 15x8 on 6x5.5" pattern is what I was looking for.

I have done the waggy D44 front and rear conversion. I used the steel "rock" wheels 15x8 with IIRC 3.5 or 3.75 inch back spacing. I also did the RK 3-link long arm at the same time.
My point is this my tires rubb on the arms and limit my full lock turning ability, I had to put way longer bolts for the steering stop on my axle.
I am now looking for wheels with more back spacing,

Just something to think about.

Yeah, I've been dealing with the issue of the tires rubbing for sometime with my Full Traction arms with 3.75" BS. I'm not so worried with the rubbing any more, but its good to know I'll still be rubbing, don't know what I would do without it!!! I'd rather not put the tires any wider than they are now, but it is something to think about. Who did you go with for the bracket kit? Or did you make your own?

Back