• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dealings with BROWNDOG

Jeepdogrob

NAXJA Forum User
Just wanted to throw it out there that I had a good experience with Browndog and their motor mounts. The quality of the mount was excellent and by all appearances, bullet-proof.

I had some trouble getting the driver side mount in and realized that it was because of a lip on the inside of the mount bracket that was keeping the bushing from lining up inside of it. I called Browndog and he made me a new mount that day and I had it in my hands about 3 days later (over a weekend).

Though the mounts were awesome, I had trouble with the bracket on the passenger side. Because I just bought the Jeep I didnt realize that the bracket on the passenger side was not even connected and that the bolts had sheared off inside the block. It is no wonder the pulleys were hitting the radiator fan.

I ended up having a machine shop take them out. They welded a little hook to the end of the bolt sticking out so that they could wrench it out.

Up and running and stoked to have the new mounts. BTW, the poly mounts have very little vibration. I was a bit worried having read about them on some of the old threads.:thumbup::thumbup:

Good to know. I'm trying to decide between those and MORE's.

I've looked at those before and they look at least equal to MORE mounts. I have the MORE and have had no issues. I'm not sure how they compare price wise but I think either one is a good choice.

Paid about $75 for the two mounts. They also have some solid looking brackets that bolt up to the block utilizing additional existing holes.

Had the same issue, I just ground down the bushing a little bit and it slipped right in. Apparently that lip exists on some brackets and not on others. It only appears to be a drivers side issue. Other than that, I've had no problems with the mounts.

no problem with the brown dogs here either. great to deal with and when they came out with the new high density rubber, instead of poly, they set me up with new rubber inserts that went in perfect and cut the vibes a lot. same problem with mine on the drivers side too. had to trim a bit of the lip to fit in perfect. kudos to santa for telling me about them!

I ran these in my jeep for 2 years with no issues, they are in my opinion = to the MORES at half the price and their customer service is awsome!

Just installed the Brown Dog rubber mounts and I'm very impressed. Very smooth, and the motor doesn't move at all.

Everytime I get the Jeep I am stoked to have them in. I cant get over how good it feels with the motor acually connected to the Jeep rather than floating around!:doh:

Back