• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

You'r going to tell me to SEARCH...

NW-ZJ-SCOTT

TEXAS-JT-SCOTT
NAXJA Member
and i have.

Just picked up a 8.25 minus shafts. still has the stock carrier with 3.07s

Im wanting to put some money into this axle.

I will just need to buy 29spline shafts and a 29sp Carrier correct?

Im sure the carrier would be easy to find, but will the stock 29sp carrier accept a 4.56/4.88 ring?

I know Dutchman/superior/alloy usa makes 29sp shafts. quality gonna be about the same?

so far they are about $120/shaft, i would like to get these asap, then do a new 29sp Carrier and R&P and an aussie.

sorry, these things have been covered day in day out, im just anxious to get my build on paper so i can start putting the cash aside..

so just yank some stock 29sp shafts and a carrier from a Yard? hmmm i'll have to search around for a 98/99 xj

No junk yards near by? just get stock shafts. Yes the carrier will accept the 456, not sure about the 488 but I dont see why not.

4.88's will work with the carrier, the stock carrier will work with any common XJ gear ratios and the lower ones (3.07-4.88) you would only need a different carrier with higher gear ratios like 3.00 to 2 something (for which you would never run in a XJ any way)

If you were going to the junk yard to nab the 29sp carrier and shafts off a 98/99 wouldnt you just take the whole axle if you were to find one?:dunno:
if you dont need that big piece of metal, why pay the extra $75 for it?:scared:

edit; i could have the shafts and carrier out in 15 mins. so its not alot of extra work to save a few pennies and just buy the guts.

Back