• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Want manual steering in XJ / Comanche...

What steering box do I use?

Are the input splines and pitman arm the same?

I had a 2wd 4cyl '89 Comanche without power steering, but I swapped it out with a power box because it had excessive play in the shaft. IIRC the pitman arm was different.

I hate to even ask why you want a armstrong box...... It's sort of like looking for a 42" black and white plasma tv :)

Wow, this thing is no Miata, that's NOT gonna be fun in an XJ. Why don't ya just cut the floor out so you can paddle along like Fred Flintstone while you're at it! :roll: :D

I use to drive a 69 Ford Econoline van (1 ton, Dana 60 in the rear, wish I had that) that didn't have power steering nor power brakes (4 wheel drums). BIG steering wheel. What a beast, I would not choose non-power steering if there was a choice to be had. I have to say, though, that learning to drive in that van over 30 years ago probably really improved my ability to steer, stop and back vehicles over the years.

Back