• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quarterly Adopt A Trail Meeting April 15

karstic

NAXJA Forum User
Same Bat time
Same Bat location

Same Bat attendance

April 15, 2009, 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Sizzler Restaurant
1461 South Rimpau, Corona.
First exit off the 15 freeway, south of the 91
(909) 272-8255

The Travel Management Plan has been finalized and there will be information presented at the meeting regarding new trail designations.

As Greg put it, "Some good news and some bad news"

The Travel Management Plan has been finalized and there will be information presented at the meeting regarding new trail designations.

As Greg put it, "Some good news and some bad news"
Yeah it sucks, But it is our own fault too.

Greg already talked to us the other day about it and Ill just say it doesn't change squat for us non-ryno drivers. Id spill the beans but I am not 100% sure Greg wants drama before his announcement. He also asked me some questions and actually made a statement about Naxja to our group Saturday I find interesting so I hope he covers that at the meeting as well.

Stephan receiving his chainsaw certification.

IMG_0142a.jpg

Grats on completing the course Stephan!

Thanks for the picture Doug.

Dean (Ryno XJ) and his son attended, whats that make 3x in a row now?

There was a lot of good information presented along with some not so good informatio presented.

I'm working on a more formal write up to be posted later today.

Anyone available for a run next Thursday?

I have a run scheduled with Greg Hoffman on 2N04 to write up the maintenace plan for the coming year.

There was a lot of good information presented along with some not so good informatio presented.

I have a run scheduled with Greg Hoffman on 2N04 to write up the maintenace plan for the coming year.

Ya and who was Dean and Zack sitting with??? was that gerr fatcat and leep? Nice to see you got your cert. that took some dedication and commitment to the program to complete a course over two week days I applaud your effort.

Well I was glad to be there as well. I may make the next one on the 15th of july, I am typically off that week

Leep

Glad you guys could make it out.

Did you guys sign in under NAXJA?

Leep I don't think we've ever met. Did you have the black XJ with the flames in the parking lot?

SBNF Quarterly Adopt-a-Trail meeting
4/15/2009

• Congratulations!!! Chainsaw Certifications
    10 AAT clubs sent a member to a two-day buck and limb class held at the El Cariso Hot Shot Crew camp in the Cleveland NF. I represented NAXJA. With the amount of dead and downed wood in the forest having these 10 new sawyers is an important asset. A large tree has already been removed from John Bull.
  • SBNF Website for Adopt-a-Trail
    The Adopt A Trail program will have it own page on the San Bernardino National Forest website. I t will be kept current with adopted trails, volunteered hours, trail conditions, etc.
  • Cal4wd Report
    Harry Baker presented a map of the proposed “Mother Road National Monument” that is being pushed by the Wildlands Conservancy and Senator Feinstein’s office.
  • Open containers/Drinking and driving
    There have been a few instances of blatant drinking and driving. Drinking and driving on OHV routes can be treated exactly the same as on roads and highways. NAXJA ‘s policy is NO DRINKING AND DRIVING. There is too much a stake to be lost if D&D occurs on an AAT run.
  • Going into the fire areas/Hard hats and authorizations
    Although being in a fire area is not a concern on our trail, the use of hardhats is. Anytime we use tools that are swung over the head (picks, etc) hardhats are required. If you do not own one they are available from the FS.
  • Safety Officers on any trail projects
  • Online SBNF Volunteer Guidebook (required)
  • Health and Safety Codebook and JHA’s
    The FS is becoming more stringent with safety issues. While working under a volunteer agreement we are covered under FS insurance. We will start conducting tailgate safety meetings prior to any organized trail maintenance. A Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) identifies possible hazards and mitigations to avoid/prevent injuries.
  • Keys-Property Inventories
    Doesn’t pertain to us because we don’t have any keys
  • Travel Management Plan implementation
    The TMP has been finalized. We have gained some new trail, the bypasses on Cleghorn and Pilot Rock have been adopted, but for 50” OHV’s. This snafu is being ironed out and the TMP should be revised to reflect the bypasses for ALL OHV use.
  • Road and trail maintenance plans
    The snow has pretty much melted from the backcountry. I have scheduled our Maintenance Plan Run for Thursday the 23rd. Rick and I ran our trail a few weeks ago and for the most part the trail is in decent shape. Greg pointed out the two offshoot trails have been newly cut which we may have to somehow address.
  • Message boards-Good and bad
    We really have to be aware of what kind of image we portray. It was pointed out that pretty much any OHV oriented website is monitored by those who want to shut down OHV use on public lands. Even things that are legal have been twisted to portray the off road community in a bad light
  • Next meeting July 15, 2009
    Hope to see some of you there.

Message boards-Good and bad
We really have to be aware of what kind of image we portray. It was pointed out that pretty much any OHV oriented website is monitored by those who want to shut down OHV use on public lands. Even things that are legal have been twisted to portray the off road community in a bad light

That is a VERY good point.

Back