• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

inchitis

LilRhodyXJ

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys whats up? as some of you kno ive posted before about how my rustys 3" lift turned out to be just that in the front but 4" in the rear...(what i get for buying rustys blah blah this complaint is not y im posting)
i've wanted to level it out and i bought a 3/4" spacer but now i've got some moeny saved up and a sick case of inchitis... id like to start swapping out parts for bigger ones and go probably the RE way... my goal is to get re 4.5" leafs, 4.5" springs, adj ucas, and 4 ome matching height shocks.... unfortunatly money wont allow me to do it in one shot so i need to go a slower route and build it up... so my questions are
1. should i just wait and wait, save and do it in one shot or can i do it in stages?
2. i was thinking maybe going with putting the 4.5 coils in now which would maybe make my jeep a little higher in the front then the back for now but i can deal since im used to the opposite...the shocks do fine with the big ass leafs so they should to okay with 4.5" coils...(i think) i was then thinking to get a set of RE adj UCAs then save to buy the 4.5" leafs and the shocks to go with them.... could i do this and still maintain a decent ride and not screw anything up or is it not a smart route

parts i already have that i think i can get away with running the new height RE adj trac bar, steering stabilizer, jks QDs

thanks for any input sorry for the thesis:eeks1:
p.s. not worried about SYE at the moment have a tcase drop installed and have no viib whats so ever so if a little starts at that height i can deal

Last edited:
I say get the coils first, and just grab a set of MJ shackles for the rear to level it out until you can get the RE leaf pack. That is, if your still using stock shackles.. otherwise, ignore my useless post :)

If your goal is 4.5", then I would recommend a 3.5" leaf pack and 1" shackle instead of the 4.5" leaf pack. I did that on my first lift and it is not ideal because it won't flex like it should because the stock shackle prevents the leafs from flattening out like it needs to when compressing. Also the RE 4.5" leafs packs will give you more than 4.5" and you'll probably want to add a 3/4" spacer in the front to level it. Again, that is what I had to do. YMMV

my ultimate goal is to get something like 5" or a little higher.. i was going to add in an RE budget boost to my 4.5" setup somewhere down the line once i got all the necessary components..
thanks 4 the input so far

andrew

Well if your goal is to go to 5" and its a daily driver there are two schools of thought, swap them out over time... which can be good for the pocket book but bad you if you ever got into and accident and it was brought up you were in a moddified vehicle and the lift was thrown together with various parts, the original lift kit company may not cover warrenty or back you up in court with the "its engineered to be as good as etc" jargon.

The other school of thought is save up and replace it all at one go, and if your plan is to go to 5" I would suggest REs long arm kit. I bumped my RE 4.5 to 5.5-6 and it doesnt ride like I want it to and flex like I want it to so I have decided that I am going to deal with it now and save up for the long arm upgrade or full kit if I get a new cherokee.

I guess what I am saying is check with your local laws and Rustys/Re and see if there is any reason legally not to do this because murphys las says if it can happen it will happen, last thing you want is to be sued by a person who's layer is saying it was your modified suspension that caused the accident and your only defense was Rustys or Rubicon Express who in turn says it was a moddified suspension kit and therefore not within the engineered specifications.

I only say this because I once new a guy who lost everything, his house, truck, life savings for this reason. All over a couple of coil spacers.

Back