• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Install kit for gears

Darky

NAXJA Forum User
Is this everything I need? I have the gears on order as well. Yukon 4.88s for the HP D30

Last edited:
It looks like they include the carrier in that kit.
Description said:
COMPLETE DANA 30 SUPER DO INSTALL KIT:
TIMKEN PINION/CARRIER BEARINGS & RACES,
PINION,CARRIER,PRELOAD SHIMS,
RING GEAR BOLTS, MARKING COMPOUND, BRUSH
PINION SEAL AND NUT, INSTRUCTIONS.
I just hope I'm not reading it wrong. :)

What exactly is the difference between the two? Not being a smart aleck, I just don't know :)

Would this fit with the Super install kit? Is it basically just a kit to go with a Super 30? With the 30 spline shafts and all?

Would this fit with the Super install kit? Is it basically just a kit to go with a Super 30? With the 30 spline shafts and all?
Those axles will work if you are installing a 30 spline locker in it. It's not clear to me what makes that install kit a "super" install kit. I think whoever said the "super 30" kit has bigger bearings may be right. You need to check with the vendor to make sure it will work.

The "super" lockers typically come with their own bearings, though.

At least, the four I have bought did.

The D30-super kit has bearings that would fit a TJ short ring and pinion, but uses 7/16 ring gear bolts. It would work in a WJ front end.

The D30-super kit has bearings that would fit a TJ short ring and pinion, but uses 7/16 ring gear bolts. It would work in a WJ front end.
Ahh...I see. I got over antsy earlier today and ordered the Super kit. I'll get them to change the order tomorrow. :D

Back