• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Extended Slip Yoke?

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I just blew all my money on gears, install kits, shims, 29 spline 8.25 and long arms.....Well I have a TC drop and need an SYE of some sort. I saw where they have an extended slip yoke. Anyone have any experience with these? I really dont have the cash to spend on a HnT or SYE. I figured if it did work, I could get one of those and do it all while im swapping axles.

or you could do what a friend of mine did and shim the crap out of the rear axle till you have money for a SYE or HnT. He shimmed his 7 degrees!!

The extended slip yoke is fine but make sure you will hit the rear bump stops before the slip yoke contacts the xfer case rear output or you will be rebuilding the xfer case.

How much lift? I ran at ~5.5-6" with a YJ slip yoke for a year or so before I did my first SYE. Worked fine for me, with a 4* shim.

Well, I just blew all my money on gears, install kits, shims, 29 spline 8.25 and long arms.....Well I have a TC drop and need an SYE of some sort. I saw where they have an extended slip yoke. Anyone have any experience with these? I really dont have the cash to spend on a HnT or SYE. I figured if it did work, I could get one of those and do it all while im swapping axles.

You can also get a 1/2" longer pinion yoke from Jeep. I also redrilled the rear spring perches to move the axle forward 1"and used a YJ yoke with 6" of lift and I was fine.

But that PORC HnT doesn't come with the yoke right?
Nope and the extended yoke is only like 5/16-3/8" longer,There biggest advantage is the yoke "clearance".

dont buy the new yoke if you dont have to. YJ guys throw theirs away when they lift.. the "extended" unit is simply a new YJ yoke.

Back