• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

After market front bumper and steering box reinforcement

Mtb Jak

NAXJA Forum User
Does an after market front bumper also work as a steering box reinforcement??

I need to address this issue and instead of getting the c-rock double bracket

Would something from AJs work? They look like it hits the necessary bolts and sandwiches the stock area nice..

prod_phatxj02-lg.jpg

Also noted RigidCo which looks pretty awsome

1067621769_184454eff2.jpg

Look at all these brackets!!! I would imagine it would help stiffen up the front end on this set up
3235881204_54a591e61e.jpg

Could you just bolt one of those winch bumpers on and eliminate the need for a reinforcement? I almost bought that long stick thing that goes across and holds the steering box.. not sure about those

thanks

Edit... I just found my answer.. I would need to buy the inside brace only from c-rok??

Edit... I just found my answer.. I would need to buy the inside brace only from c-rok??

The bumper mounting brackets would deffinately help. However, the full C-Rock kit includes inner and outer plates that replace the weak aluminum spacer between the steering box and the frame rail. The kit also includes sleeves that go through the frame and prevent the frame rail from compressing or crushing. I'm running 37" tires so I installed the full kit and the front bumper bracket on top of the C-Rock plate.

i just bought the inner brace from c-rok when i built my front bumper and so it works awesome. i dont worry about my steering anymore.(i broke the box off before). i wish c-rok made more stuff though

Back