• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Springs and Shocks... Advice?

Lincoln72

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I have an '01 Sport and installed a RC 4" kit with SYE about a year and a half ago. I know that you get what you pay for, and I didn't pay much... and the 4" has settled, now more like 2.5". :( I also know that when you lift, you need to sacrifice comfort. This vehicle is my daily driver and the ride is TERRIBLE! Like, I think I have whiplash and have never been in an accident.

My question is this: Is there a way to take springs from another vehicle (dakota, TJ) that will fit the XJ and provide a softer (wussy) ride with a non sagging increase in height? OR... Is there a parts manufacturer that anyone trusts that provides Springs and Shocks that wont sag, or ride like a rock?

Am I asking too much?... or should I just quit my *itching.
THANKS.

Has the front settled or just the back, I am assuming you did a AAL kit.
RC is known for rough riding shocks. Your front springs should not have sagged that much already but you can always just toss in some spacers to get you back up and replace your rear leafs packs. At 4" control arm angle is going to affect your ride quality. You are on the verge of drop bracket territory.

RE coils and good shocks for the front, deaver leafs for the rear and good shocks. spend the $ and you'll thank yourself...

by "good" i mean something charged. doesn't need to be super duper expensive. i might suggest: http://store.edelbrock.com/jeep.aspx a lot of the most useful stuff is sold out (i picked up a set of remote resi's for all corners :drool: ) but those are just some examples... you don't need to spend 200 bucks per shock, but if you do, they will ride awesome

Last edited:
Back