• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

head gasket choices?

mrtosh

NAXJA Forum User
I'm in the middle of ordering all the parts needed to swap out my 0331 head and have narrowed my choices down to two different head gaskets. First is the Fel-Pro part number 9076PT1 which is the standard permatorque gasket. Then there's the 530SD which is their severe duty version. Which one should I go with? Would either one need a sealant of any kind? Maybe 5-90 can chime in.TIA guys,Sean

If I was building a stocker I would use the standard, stroker the severe duty, and as for sealant I would follow Fel-Pro's instructions.

I would chase the threads for the headbolts and make sure all crap is cleaned out. If I was building for a customer I would recommend new headbolts, and if the customer declined I would have them sign the work order to that effect, and that would effect their warranty.

^^ Agreed on the head bolts. I hate TTY bolts and have gone ahead and ordered a set. Planning on chasing the threads with an old cylinder head bolt with half the threads filed down.

Back