• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3in lift issues

cobrasatellite

NAXJA Forum User
So i bought another xj...actually 2 Got a awsome deal on a 93 2wd for 1100 thats got perfect interior new 16in black soft 8s and new 30in tires. But the front grill and bumper were all busted up, so i bought a rolled 91 for 300 bucks got a nice xj now. Put some 3in springs on the front end and 1.5 shackels in the rear. Workin on my bast-pack for the rear. So i put the lift on and it rides like a brick and death wobbles like all heck. Got my alighnment done and checked (firestone allighnment for life) but no luck there adjustable track bar next? All new bushings? I plan on swapping the 4wd gear over this summer. I KNOW 4WD ARE CHEAP. But i love the white 1 i got. Would drop brackets be any help with only 3in lift? I wana be able to pound on it when its all done but also dont really want to go much higher with it. (maybe 1in)

For your wobble get under it while someone sweeps the wheel lock to lock and look for any movement. Watch the trac bar, tie rod ends, etc...
W/ a 3" lift you dont need drop brackets but if you dont already have adjustable controll arms (atleast lowers) youll deffentally want them.
Youll either want an adjustable trac bar or if your really cheap you can cut and sleeve your old one.

the jeeperz creepers lca sound great in price and a ajustable tb for $99 for 3-6in lifts from rc. I see alot of unhappy people with rc are the parts worth it quality whys? Would i be better off with adjustable lca? And if im going to have the whole front end tore apart is there a reson not to put the front axle in? would it hurt to drive it disconected for a few months untill i finished the conversion?

(if im doing all this anyway would this same stuff work if i added a 1.75in coil spacer ttl= 4.5in at that point with a bast-pack in rear with shackels? or will i need a sle and all that other $$ stuff at that height?)

Back