• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is this and what does it do. Its ticking..

Backroads

NAXJA Forum User
Was doing some non-related engine work. Fired it up when I was done and noticed a constant ticking. Poked around and found out that its this thing making the noise. I don't remember hearing it before, but its the wifes jeep not mine, so I don't drive it much!

Not sure if its normal and I shouldnt worry about it, or if thats a sign that its failing etc. So if anyone can tell me what it is and what it does!
This is a 2000 sport, 4.0. My jeep is a 94 and I don't think it has this.

DSC02344.jpg

its location in the engine bay
DSC02345.jpg

Not sure, but it could be the canister purge valve and if it is the ticking is normal.

ohhh...thats just your flux capacitor preparing itself for time travel, no big deal

I think it is the purge valve- look at that white sticker on the driver's side firewall. It probably tells you what's what.

I think it is the purge valve- look at that white sticker on the driver's side firewall. It probably tells you what's what.

Ding Ding we have a winner!!:clap:

Back