• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

iron rock sye ??

jasonsxj

NAXJA Forum User
just ordered the yoke and driveshaft kit from iron rock offroad !! $211.79 shipped not a bad deal has anyone used this kit and was it hard to put in and is it a good kit ?? for the money :wave1:

Looks very similar to the go-jeep SYE.

http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoSYEconversion.htm

Im pretty sure if you sourced the SYE youd find it a lot cheaper then $119 and as for the DS it looks just like a stock front XJ DS.

And apparently that kit only works with a 249 TC...

....just ordered the yoke and driveshaft kit from iron rock offroad .... was it hard to put in and is it a good kit ?? .

The kit fits the 1996-2001 XJ NP231, and NP242.

Follow the instruction it comes with. It is a hack and tap style SYE. Purchase an industrial quality tap and drill bits, hardware store tools won't do the job.

Measure twice because you can only cut once. It took me about 2 hours to install, taking my time, measuring carefully and re-reading the instructions.

Last edited:
yes i know good drill bit and tap helps i am sure i could of got it cheap by running to junkyard to junkyard but i like to bolt and go i was a x mud racer and iam sooooo sick of finding parts and fabing so sold everything just to trail ride and have a truck i can go to a parts store and get the right part thanks guys!!

ya no lie on the quality drill bits and taps... what a PITA..

Back