• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

noob aussie question

88red2dr

NAXJA Forum User
So I know this is a tech thread but I wanted to hear from the locals. I have had a aussie installed in the front of my jeep for 3 mons or so and it has been pretty quite. Well I had an alignment done today and its now make a pretty rythmic ratcheting sound when driving straight! Has anyone heard of or had problems after an alignment? Should I take it back and have them mess with the toe? It was fine before! Thanks in advance and sorry for the tech post!

Is your steering wheel centered, any pull either way? they rotate your tires or anything like that?

I had them center the wheel, I went from 3 to 6 1/2 inches of lift. They didn't touch the tires. He said it was waaaay toed in. I checked the tire pressure and its they are all at 30 pounds. Its really confusing. Its seems to be more noticable at lower speeds. I dunno?

I had them center the wheel, I went from 3 to 6 1/2 inches of lift. They didn't touch the tires. He said it was waaaay toed in. I checked the tire pressure and its they are all at 30 pounds. Its really confusing. Its seems to be more noticable at lower speeds. I dunno?
that quite a change in lift, maybe driveline? what did you do with your front/rear driveline angles? sye and whatnot?maybe not the locker?

Oh its the locker, I had a friend walk beside it and listen. Its the same noise when I corner or when one tire is off the ground and I spin it. I jacked it up and checked. Its like its constantly racheting.

Oh its the locker, I had a friend walk beside it and listen. Its the same noise when I corner or when one tire is off the ground and I spin it. I jacked it up and checked. Its like its constantly racheting.
pull it and check the springs and pins then,check for abnormal wear and measure the gap in the middle, post up the measurement before you seal it up ,or make sure its within spec. hell maybe the lot lizard tries 4 wheel burnouts out back and messed it up!:shocked:

Lol, ya it was weird, no noise before, noise after. It drove 10 miles to the shop with the new lift and way outta toe without a single noise.

mine is noisier sometimes than others,kinda shrugged it off,but going in a straight line there really should be no noise whether locked or not. If both the front wheels are same tire,tread and measure the same with equal tire pressure

did they do a 4wheel alighment??? mabe if they did the wheels are not square under the jeep?? like its going down the road kind of sideways or at a slight angle

I think the just did the toe. How would u adjust the rear? I'm not sure, ill have to ask them. I plan on calling in the morning. This is really frustrating!

The alignment shop most likely only adjusted the toe setting. You need to check the installation of the locker because the only time it should ratchet is when one wheel is turning faster than the other.

Back