• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"city lights"

Me007gold

NAXJA Forum User
Just wanted to see a few pictures of XJ's that have City lights, Getting ready to order a set of Autopal's and its a very cheap option. Ive heard they disrupt the high beam patter, but thats not a concern for me and 100% of my driving is in the city. I would appreactate any help

Just wanted to see a few pictures of XJ's that have City lights, Getting ready to order a set of Autopal's and its a very cheap option. Ive heard they disrupt the high beam patter, but thats not a concern for me and 100% of my driving is in the city. I would appreactate any help

100% city driving? thats no fun! I got them without the city light option they are nice for being pretty cheap.

city lights... wtf you talking about...

I'm not real sure what they are either but i saw the option when i ordered mine. I have also seen them for lights for various cars sounds like something extra that doesn't really do anything. Now if they came with Hella's i'd be all over it! :D

city lights... wtf you talking about...

Call it a fancy 'daytime running light' wear they use a small secondary light bulb usually at the bottom of the light housing. It's supposed to help others see you comming.

Not sure if it's worth it or not. But, I know in SoCal, I used to keep the headlights on my black Focus on because those foolish drivers don't look before they merge on the freeway. Of course, for my XJ I'll just have a big honkin' bumper.

City lights are from European cars, where their cities are well light enough that you don't need headlights. Its a small bulb, or in some high end cars, angel eyes or the funky thing Audi has going. They light up the reflectors so that oncoming cars can see you, but you don't produce more light pollution in the already polluted city.

If you do 100% driving in the city, and its well lit, then sure. But I've been to San Antonio, and from what I remember, I'd still use regular headlights over the city lights. City lights are not to add to the low beam, they are to replace them.

all the 99-2005 Volkswagen golf and GTI had them - here is an OLD and blurry pic of my GTI with them on

936815100_l.jpg

heres a newer pic of it just because its alot nicer now....

l_82b48f7e2869e715cb3c32ca98d056b6.jpg

I just ordered me a set of Hella Rallye 4000 lights, I got the "euro light pattern". This light pattern comes with the city light.

Begster is right. City lights are used some places overseas to cut down on light pollution.

If you want to see city lights, I think an XJ is one of the last vehicles you will find them on.

Jeep, city, and very dim lights don't really go together. People do wire harness upgrades and put it H4 conversions so they can have bright lights, not small ones.

I just ordered me a set of Hella Rallye 4000 lights, I got the "euro light pattern". This light pattern comes with the city light.

Begster is right. City lights are used some places overseas to cut down on light pollution.
Light Pollution? what will they think of next...

Light Pollution? what will they think of next...

Um, do you even know what you're talking about? Light pollution is a real thing. Have you ever wondered why you can't see the stars, or the sky really, when you are in a city? There is too much light creating a glow around the area, therefore obscuring a person's view.

Why do you think observatories are out in the middle of the deserts, on top of mountains, and as far away from civilization? (They also need to be away from the contrails left by airplanes). Astronomers wouldn't be able to see into the universe, and therefore would have wasted precious grant money, their research, and numerous amounts of their lives. (its actually rather expensive to slot time at an observatory, and there is no rescheduling if the sky isn't clear).

It also wastes tons of energy, and negatively affects the environment and people. Not to mention its just annoying.

I have blue lights in them not sure what brand

Those are more of "Angel Eyes" or "Halos"(I had them in my Integra), and I dont have a problem with people doing things that are different, I just dont think they look good in square lights, they look better in round lights.

Eyes.jpg

Last edited:
...don't look good in square lights??? The only thing that could look better would be 4 square lights! JMO, thats all.

But if you really need to be seen, put a yellow DOT flasher on top... :)

Back