• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Country Control Arm Drop Brackets

Quills

NAXJA Forum User
Just wondering what people think of control arm drop brackets? Does Rough Country make a good set? My Jeep has a bumpy, <POOPIE> ride on a 4.5" Rustys I was thinking of getting a set.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just put a set of RC drop brackets on my jeep. They made a HUGE differnce. I have a 4.5 RE lift and I almost hated driving the jeep, after the brackets I love it again..

Do it, you'll wonder why you didnt do it sooner.

Contact Jason at RC and he'll take care of you.

Mat

Thanks guys! I am pretty excited to put them on. Yeah, I called Jason, but I had already ordered them so there wasn't much he could do. Thanks for the tip though!

I've installed Trailmaster, RE and RC drop brackets.

RC has the best design hands down.

I've installed Trailmaster, RE and RC drop brackets.

RC has the best design hands down.

Man, we just can't agree on anything Cal. I think the RE brackets are superior, just because they mount further back and don't screw into the sheet metal frame with self-tappers that can come loose. If I ran the RC brackets, I would feel better if they were stitch welded to the frame.

As it happens, I stitch welded ALL of them to the frame.

The RC ones don't require you to grind the back of the LCA pocket for the brace to fit correctly, and you don't have to fight with the brace every time you remove the crossmember. ;)

Its 1 minute with an angle grinder. a 1.5" weld on each side and 1" on the end.

As it happens, I stitch welded ALL of them to the frame.

;)

I have not installed my braces yet because of the self tappers. I was thinking of welding them like you have done. I have not done it yet because I was thinking if I was to weld such a heavy piece of steel to sheet metal after some time the sheet would crack away from the weld. I did find at work the other day some 5/16th nut certs. I have been kinda thinking of butt welding a flat bar to the back of them, making a few more holes drilling and installing maybe six total of the nut certs in the frame rail to spread the load.

Dave

started with 2x2 supports and didnt use the givin ones with the rc kit. and after i added the stiffeners i welded is all up with the givin supports.

I just put a set of RC drop brackets on my jeep. They made a HUGE differnce. I have a 4.5 RE lift and I almost hated driving the jeep, after the brackets I love it again..

Do it, you'll wonder why you didnt do it sooner.

Contact Jason at RC and he'll take care of you.

Mat

You did the install wrong if this is true..They say RE is the best MONEY can buy..:D

You did the install wrong if this is true..They say RE is the best MONEY can buy..:D

I have no complaints with RE. I bet any lift shot of long arms puts a beating on the heep when its introduced to potholes.:looney:

Back