• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Quirk

SFW516

NAXJA Forum User
I got a 90 Jeep and one little thing I've kind of wondered about it is its acceleration. It accelerates like no other car I've driven. Through like 80% of the throttle it doesn't change much but when you get down to the last part it goes into this super acceleration and jerks and lunges forward. Anyone know why?

Just one of those curiosity questions I have, probably a dumb one.

you are prolly talkin about when the tranny downshifts and into a lower gear...thats the lunge you feel. most likely anyways

Engine/transmission/tire size/gearing?

You must have the "factory nitrous" option......

Seriously, without feeling it, hard to say if it's normal or not. The only thing that comes to mind to check would be to test AND adjust the throttle position sensor to ensure you have a nice smooth sweep of acceleration.

Yeah its just the way its always been. Just replaced the TPS so don't think that could be it. Must be just a transmission thing.

Your TV cable could be out of adj.

After replacing the TPS and adjusting it to the correct values did you test it through the complete range of the throttle using the mandatory analog multimeter?

Back